The EUR Implanteus Executive Committee has decided to retain the following two thesis projects without prioritization for the period 2021-2024. One of these will be awarded the contract based on the quality of the candidates.
- Enhanced risk-based surveillance of Xylella fastidiosa
Director: GABRIEL Edith, DR INRAE, UR Biostatitistics & Spatial Processes
Co-director: IENCO Dino, CR-HDR, UMR TETIS, Montpellier University
- One-pot solvent-free extraction and encapsulation of xanthophylls from plant matrices to improve their stability and bioavailability
Director: CONTINO-PEPIN Christine, MCF-HDR, Bioorganic Chemistry and Amphiphilic Systems Unit, Avignon University
Co-director: Patrick BOREL, DR INRAE, UMR C2VN, Aix-Marseille University
IMPORTANT: contact and application files must be sent directly to the thesis directors by e-mail.
If the holder of the thesis project accepts the application, the candidate will have to ask her for a letter of recommendation to constitute the candidate’s file.
Composition of the file to be sent by the candidate:
Detailed CV explaining research experiences;
- Cover letter [The candidate is invited to specify the consistency between, on the one hand, his/her career and his professional project and, on the other hand, the thesis subject]
- M1 and (if available) M2 transcript or any other equivalent document;
- One or two letter (s) of recommendation from teaching managers and/or course managers;
- A letter of recommendation from the future thesis director.
NB: In these letters of recommendation, the future thesis director is requested to provide an assessment of the candidate’s research skills and motivation.
The deadline for submitting an application is May 11, 2021. Candidates selected for the doctoral contract competition will be summoned by Doctoral School 536 on June 10 and 11, 2021 for an audition at Avignon University.
As an indication, the audition takes place as follows:
10-minute oral presentation followed by 10 minutes of questions
A presentation with no more than 5 slides is recommended.
– slide 1: CV
– slides 2 to 4: research experience (M2 internship or other) or, failing that, a brief presentation on a scientific subject of the candidate’s choice that aroused particular interest during his/her training.
– slide 5: consistency between, on the one hand, the career path and the professional project and, on the other hand, the project and the thesis subject.
Only candidates residing outside mainland France are authorized to be auditioned by videoconference. If authorized by the Doctoral School, the thesis director must get in touch with the audiovisual service to organize the interview of the candidate.